Cornerstone National Insurance Company is hiring a Claims Representative with experience in Bodily Injury. The BI Claim Representative is often the first interaction the customer has with the company directly making customer service and establishing good working relationships with our agents a requirement of this position. Confidentiality is extremely important, the BI Claim Representative is required to keep policy, claim, and medical information protected. The person holding this position is responsible for effectively and efficiently performing his/her duties with an enthusiasm that inspires other employees to excel in their work and encourages customers to choose Cornerstone National Insurance as their first choice in insurance coverage.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that all reported losses are properly investigated, evaluated, coverages verified, and the claim file properly documented.
- Promptly enter information in the claims software and see that all information is kept up to date as the claim progresses, including adequate reserves.
- Responsible for proactively seeking appropriate documentation and working with insureds and/or claimants to arrive at a prompt settlement of the claim and issue payment. This includes explaining policy language and coverages shown on the declarations page.
- Determine potential for subrogation of claims and/or salvage of property.
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of policy language and coverages.
- Maintain working knowledge of auto repair practices and other fields involved in day to day claim handling.
- Maintain knowledge of and follow Fair Claim Practices Act requirements in each state where the Company does business.
- Employee must be eligible to acquire, and successfully maintain, required adjuster’s license in appropriate states.
- Keep informed of current insurance practices and trends.
- Inform underwriting of questionable risks discovered during the claim process.
- Inform Claim Manager and/or Claims Vice President of problem areas in relation to claims, loss frequency or loss severity and recommend new procedures as needed.
Qualification & Requirements:
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Past experience in insurance, underwriting and/or adjusting is preferred.
- Position requires employee to be extremely dependable and trustworthy due to confidentiality of certain information pertaining to Company records.
- Position requires employee to be highly organized and able to prioritize work to meet various deadlines and perform all duties in a timely fashion.
- Position requires excellent human relations and problem-solving abilities to work with customers in settlement of claims.
- Position requires complete understanding of Auto policy forms and coverages offered by Cornerstone National Insurance, whether they are AAIS forms or miscellaneous forms from other vendors.
- Position requires continuous training and education to keep abreast of changes within the industry that may affect loss settlement.
Language and Mathematical Skills:
- Position requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to read and understand basic instructions given from written and oral sources and to write basic correspondence.
- Ability to effectively provide information to management, employees, clients, and the public.
- Ability to orally present financial information to management, agents, and staff.
- Fluent written and verbal skills in English. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to understand and communicate basic mathematical relationships and formulas.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to use diplomacy and tact when dealing with problems.
- Ability to identify problems and determine the best course of action for resolution.
- Ability to evaluate information for accuracy and usefulness in solving problems.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving unknown variables in a variety of situations.
- Experience with Apple products preferred
- Position requires working knowledge of policy processing system, claims estimating and claims management software, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand at a desk.
- This person must be able to use his/her hands and fingers and must be able to reach with his/her arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.